As designers, it’s important for us to stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, and ideas. One way we often do this is by finding inspiration from other designers’ work. There are many places online to find ideas, but Dribbble and Behance are two of the most popular.
However. one of the biggest problems with using Dribbble as a source of ideas is that most of the designs on Dribbble don’t solve UX problems. While the work on Dribbble may be visually stunning, it may not necessarily be functional or solve real-world problems.
As designers, it’s important for us to not just create visually appealing designs, but also designs that are functional and solve real-world problems. However, the focus on Dribbble is often on aesthetics rather than function. This means that you might not be able to use the ideas you find on Dribbble to solve your own design problems.
Therefore, it’s important for designers to look for ideas in places other than Dribbble that have designs that are useful and solve problems. This will help ensure that the inspiration you find is not just visually appealing, but also functional and relevant to your own design challenges.
TL;DR: Both Dribbble and Behance are places where you can get new ideas for user interface design. However, if you want to look beyond the visuals and consider usability and UX, Dribbble and Behance may not be the best options.
Here are a few points that you should keep in mind while finding inspiration for your real design projects.
- Designs that follow the UX laws: When looking for inspiration for design projects, it’s important to consider designs that follow the UX laws. Designs that follow UX laws take into consideration the needs and behaviors of the user, making them more user-friendly and effective. By looking for inspiration from designs that follow UX laws, you can ensure that your own designs are functional and user-friendly.
- Designs that solve a real problem: Another important factor to consider when looking for inspiration is whether the design solves a real problem. While visually appealing designs are important, they are only truly successful if they solve a real problem or meet a real need. Look for inspiration from designs that address a specific issue or challenge, and find creative solutions to those problems.
- Designs that have been developed: It’s also important to consider designs that have been fully developed and thought out. While it’s helpful to look at concept designs for inspiration, it’s also important to consider how the design would work in the real world. Look for inspiration from designs that have been fully developed, as these are more likely to be functional and effective.
Here are 15+ websites where you can find real inspiration for your projects. 👇
I have been using these websites to find products that have already been developed and launched. All the websites which are mentioned below cover a huge library of real-world products, so make sure that you go thru all of these websites and save this article. Let’s begin…
- Pagecollective — Good resource for website and components inspiration
2. Landingfolio — Great collection of latest website & components inspiration
3. Land-book — Filter websites based on color, industries, etc
5. Awwwards — Best for creative & unique websites inspiration
6. Godly — Great collection of interactive websites
8. SiteInspire — Filter websites by design trends and find inspiration
9. Best Website Gallery — Collection of top-voted websites and can be filtered by various web frameworks.
13. PageFlows — Collection of user flows with recording and screenshots
In conclusion, it’s crucial for designers to seek inspiration from a variety of sources in order to stay current and create original and effective designs. When looking for inspiration, it’s important to consider designs that follow UX laws, solve real problems, have been fully developed, and are creative and unique. These factors will help ensure that the inspiration found is relevant, practical, and applicable to design projects. It’s also essential to broaden horizons and look beyond just one source, such as Dribbble, in order to find a diverse range of inspiration.